Friday 7 November 2014

No two days are the same

Emma Ross is Senior Healthcare Support Worker at Hannah House, she tells us why she loves her role...

“I'm passionate about community services
because no two days are the same.”
"I have worked for the NHS for around six years, four of those have been spent working at Hannah House, where I provide planned or emergency short-break care for children with complex needs. The house is a ‘home from home’ where we provide care for children up to the ages of 19 years. 

Before Hannah House I worked for a community team in Wakefield where I would deliver respite for children with disabilities and complex health care needs within their own home.

I applied for my role at Hannah House as a Senior Healthcare Support Worker because I wanted to work with children in a relaxed home from home setting as I find this type of environment is more comforting for the children and less daunting than the hospital. Also I wanted to work in a team rather than on my own.   

No two days are the same at Hannah House. A typical day will generally involve getting the children who have stayed overnight up and ready for the day, which includes helping them wash and dress and with meals. Through the day, I take care of their personal needs and assist with meeting their healthcare needs as well as spending the day doing various activities and having fun.

I love working at Hannah House. I enjoy spending time interacting with the children and doing activities with them. Every aspect of my role is rewarding but I especially enjoy making the children happy."



1 comment:

  1. Before Hannah House I worked for a community team in Wakefield where I would deliver respite for children with disabilities and complex health care needs within their own home. Vancouver WA Employers Group health Insurance

    ReplyDelete