Friday 7 November 2014

Building therapeutic relationships

We have a team of health visitors that work with babies, young mums and families across Leeds. Sam Taylor is a recent member of the team...

“I'm passionate about community services because
working in the community allows me to see
clients in their own homes and environments,
which allow me to build the therapeutic
relationships that are key to my role.”
"I have been working in health visiting for just over one year. I recently completed the post graduate diploma, which included a year-long placement with one of the Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust's (LCH) health visiting teams.

My background is in adult nursing and I previously worked in a hospital, which gave me valuable experience in healthcare and with the public. I trained to be a health visitor as I wanted to make a difference to outcomes for children and families, as well as trying to improve their experiences of childhood and parenting through caring support and guidance.

I received a lot of support whilst on placement at LCH and was made to feel part of the team from day one, this made me want to return once I was qualified.  

The role of a health visitor includes a variety of things, such as delivering the core Healthy Child Programme, running well baby clinics and the antenatal programme for first time parents, assessing families and children who require additional packages of care and planning these as well as attending multi-professional meetings for families.

In health visiting it is really important to form empowering relationships with families that support them in making changes to improve the outcomes of their children. It is extremely rewarding when you see these changes happen."


1 comment:

  1. All thanks to this great man called Dr Agbazara the great spell caster that bring back the joy in me by helping me to bring back my lover who break up with me Four months ago but now with me with the help of Dr Agbazara the great love spell caster. All thanks goes to him you can also contact him for help if you need him in times of troubles via: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) you can also WhatsApp: ( +2348104102662 )





























    ReplyDelete