Friday 7 November 2014

Care in the community

Jade Griffiths is one of our nurses who provides care to people in their own home. 

“I'm passionate about community services
because I can care for people in their
own homes and help them get back
on track with their own lives.”
"It was during the 2nd year of university whilst on my nursing placement that I fell in love with working with people in the community. I found working in hospital quite impersonal so much prefer working in people’s homes where you get to know them, their families and their home circumstances so much more.

Working in the community as a nurse means no two days are ever the same, whether I’m helping a person manage their diabetes or supporting a person at the end of their life. Generally my day will start with going to the office, seeing what appointments I have, catching up with the team before setting off on the road. I could either be seeing a patient that receives regular care or a new patient. Last minute changes can happen too if an urgent appointment crops up. Although I work on my own whilst on the road, I always feel supported, whether it is by my community nursing colleagues or the Multi-Disciplinary Teams.  

What encourages me to get out of bed in the morning? Simply knowing that I can make a different to a person’s life."


1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to this blog giving unique and helpful knowledge about this topic, I read your blog now share great information here. This blog increse my knowledge source . مصر خدمات الرعاية المنزلية للمرضى

    ReplyDelete