Monday 24 February 2014

My work experience with Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust - by Harrison Dickens


Our guest blogger Harrison tells us about his experiences working for LCH...

Hello, my name is Harrison Dickens. I came to LCH for my work experience, and I spent most of the week working with Ian and his team at the IT helpdesk, and it was very interesting. On Thursday, I came down to the Comms team and learned about community talk and the intranet Elsie. Both the IT team and the Comms team made me feel very welcome, and I have enjoyed being a part of the teams.

On my first day, I was introduced to the IT team by Ian, and they all made me feel very welcome. I had a document of tasks that I needed to complete throughout the week, and most have been enjoyable. But even though there was on gruelling task, it still made me think that a job in IT is what I’d like to achieve. The atmosphere in the room was relaxed, and everyone was very friendly. I spent Tuesday working with Paul, and seeing what an IT helpdesk employee does. I loved it, as he allowed me to help him fix problems with laptops and log a call for an engineer to come and fix! I reset someone’s password for them, and used phonetic alphabet to reset someone’s Toughbook. I watched (and took part in) the Toughbook training, and it was interesting to see how the NHS Toughbook project comes to use.

Thursday was fun, as I met the Comms team and saw Emma and met Chloe. It was interesting to watch the Elsie training, as it is what the LCH use so I got a better understanding of what they use on Elsie. After that, I helped Sarah do the community talk. She showed me how she makes the community talk, and I was tasked with making it. Once I had done that, I went to a membership event with Emma and Chloe. It was interesting to see what the members enjoyed about the event, and to see the questions they had for the event.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time working here, if only for a week. Thank you everyone, for being so welcoming :D

1 comment:

  1. Haha wow, I love this man. PLEASE keep posting! Can't wait to read your next blog.24 hour medical clinics near me

    ReplyDelete